Setting Notification Preferences
Notification preferences allow users to select how and when they want to be notified when various events occur within a course. The options are: Right Away, Daily Summary, Weekly Summary, Never.
Note: Notifications can be changed in single courses in Canvas.
Click on the following link and review step-by-step instructions for setting your Notification Preferences:
- Set only the most important items as "Right Away." (Ex - Announcements, Conversation, Conversation Message)
- Anything selected as a Daily Summary will be sent in one email at the end of the day (Ex - Discussions, Submissions, & Late Submissions).
- Hover over the course activity type to see a description.
- Add a mobile number, but only select the most important items as right away and toggle the others to Never.
- Push Notifications come from the Canvas App and are all enabled by default as "Right Away." Select only your most important items (as listed in #1) and change the rest to Never.
- Getting too many emails or texts? Not getting enough? Adjust your notification settings at any time as you learn more about what notifications that you do and do not want.