Setting Notification Preferences
Notification preferences allow users to select how and when they want to be notified when various events occur within a course. The options are: Right Away, Daily Summary, Weekly Summary, Never.
Note: Notifications can be changed in single courses in Canvas.
How do I manage notifications for a single course as a student?
Click on the following link and review step-by-step instructions for setting your Notification Preferences:
Canvas Guides - Notification Preferences
- Set only the most important items as "Right Away." (Ex - Announcements, Conversation, Conversation Message)
- Anything selected as a Daily Summary will be sent in one email at the end of the day (Ex - Discussions, Submissions, & Late Submissions).
- Hover over the course activity type to see a description.
- Add a mobile number, but only select the most important items as right away and toggle the others to Never.
- Push Notifications come from the Canvas App and are all enabled by default as "Right Away." Select only your most important items (as listed in #1) and change the rest to Never.
- Getting too many emails or texts? Not getting enough? Adjust your notification settings at any time as you learn more about what notifications that you do and do not want.
112 - Notification Preferences from Canvas LMS on Vimeo.