This article provides students with instructions on how to submit an assignment with a media recording submission type. To submit a media recording assignment, you will need to have a microphone and a webcam if you are also doing video.
Submit a Recording
- In your course, go to the assignment and click the "Submit Assignment" button.
- Click the "Record / Upload Media" button under the submission area.
- In the pop-up window, make sure the "Record Media" tab is selected.
- Click the "Mic" button to select which microphone you wish to use.
- Click the "Webcam" button to select which webcam you wish to use. For audio only, you can select the "No Video" option for "Webcam".
Note: Adobe Flash Player Settings may appear to allow access to the microphone or webcam devices.
- Click "Start Recording" when you are ready to begin. This will start a countdown to begin recording. Click "Finish" when you are done.
- When you are done recording, playback the audio or video for review. If you are satisfied with the recording, you can name the recording and click "Save". Otherwise, you can click "Start Over" to try again.
- Once you are satisfied with and have saved the recording, you can add final comments and click "Submit Assignment" to complete the submission to the assignment.
Upload a Recording
- To upload an existing media file from your computer, go to your course to "Submit Assignment" and "Record / Upload Media". Make sure the "Upload Media" tab is selected.
- Click "Select Audio File" for an audio only file, or "Select Video File" for an audio and video file. Either option will allow you to browse through your computer and select the file you wish to upload.
- Once a file is selected, the media will be uploaded. A blue bar will show its upload progress.
- You will not need to name the file, as the name will pull from the file name you uploaded. Once the blue progress bar reaches the end, it will automatically upload, and you can submit final comments and click "Submit Assignment" to complete the submission to the assignment.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.